RECPTA Minutes

Board Meeting

 

 

Rosemount Early Childhood PTA (RECPTA)

Date: September 11, 2018

 

The board meeting of RECPTA was called to order on September 11, 2018 at 7:49 p.m. in the 217 N Montclair Ave. by president, Kay Wood, the secretary being present. A quorum was established.

 

A motion to waive the reading of the minutes from the previous meeting was proposed by Melissa Love-Tristan. The motion was seconded by Becky Moffett and was carried.

 

Discussion:

1.    Kay Wood brought up that we needed to appoint board member to review bank statements, it needs to be some other than a signatory or the secretary.

a.    Becky Moffett volunteered and so she became the designated board member to review group bank statements

b.    Kay Wood let the board know that Shelly Morgan and her are almost done drafting “standing rules” and will distribute that later

2.    Distribution of funds from the May general meeting allocations: $3,657 for FLES and $1,037.88 for GT/Coding

3.    Treasurer’s report – Christi Rudduck

a.    Please refer to the appendices “Treasurer’s report 9//11/2018” to see the numbers for account balance, deposits, checks, ending balance

b.    Kay needs to amend her Plan of Work

c.    Other board members that need to amend their plans of work for: Ways and Means (Becky Tucker), Sunshine Meals coordinator (Sue Bacsik), and for Alumni liaison (Katie Berry)  

d.    Christi Rudduck moved to remove Emily Ruth Cannon, Sonya Herbert, Ally Newman, and Lindsay Duncan as signatories privileges from bank account. The motion was seconded by Becky Moffett and was carried.

                                          i.    New signatories are Christi, Kay Wood and Stephanie Baxter

4.    VP Membership – Stephanie Baxter

a.    As of Saturday we went from 271 to 50 members: 11 new, 39 returning; and from 74 to 38 alumni members

                                          i.    Please refer to “Membership report 9/11/2018”

b.    That’s a big drop, so Stephanie is going to send reminders, VP of Comms is going post on social. All of the board member are also going to share the RECPTA post on their personal Facebook pages

c.    Stephanie is going to review the numbers again at the end of the month, and then turn it in for the membership to review

d.    Included in the renewal reminder email to the membership there was also a survey at the end

                                          i.    Several people answered this and offered suggestions/comments

                                         ii.    Stephanie has the data from this survey, so she will send and talk to Jessica McGee (volunteer coordinator) about these data so she can see who among the membership wants to volunteer and for what activities

e.    We should add greeters for the popsicle party, Stephanie will coordinate this

f.     Stephanie has a handle on all of the activities for the popsicle party

                                          i.    Christi will help her to get in touch with the folks at ABC party about balloons for the party

g.    By the way, to login to the website portal (i.e. Membeclicks) you use your title for the username and the pw is board2018

5.    Playgroups Coordinator – Mary Madabhushi

a.    Playgroups are rolling

b.    Mary and Kay are negotiating with people that took the member names the RECPTA Facebook and used them to start another Facebook page called “Oak Cliff Family Forum”

c.    All of the RECPTA playgroups that will be posted on Facebook are open to members and non-members

d.     “Raising Oak Cliff” is the new group started by the former RECPTA board members, Kay will reach out to them about doing joint activities

6.    VP of Programs – Mellissa Love-Tristan

a.    Reminder that we have an upcoming general meeting September 18

b.    October’s general meeting will be at Rosemont Elementary school, November’s general meeting will want to be at an active, new member’s house TBD

                                          i.    Melissa asked that we all think of a candidate for this

c.    Would like to try to have one of the other general meetings at Coco Andre

d.    Need to build committees (support positions) for Mom’s Night Out, Little Feet, Founder’s Day, etc.

e.    Melissa will make a list of the groups that she needs volunteers

f.     We all should think of moms that would be good candidates for this

g.    Becky Moffett had in the past when she was President created an organizations chart, Kay Wood said it’s on our current website and is date 2015  

                                          i.    Becky’s suggestion was to use this chart to figure where the holes are (i.e. where we need volunteers, committees, etc.

                                         ii.    Rebekah Silva will help Becky download the organizations chart, and Becky will update it

h.    Lets all keep pushing the Little Bison Story Time, the first Monday of every month at Rosemont Library

7.    VP Ways and Means – Becky Tucker

a.    Noting to report

8.    VP Communications – Rebekah Silva 

a.    Only send reminders to people that have not renewed, those people have had 3 email reminders already

b.    Warn them that they will be removed from email list, that should prompt them to renew

c.    For Facebook post we should focus on writing about playgroups, events

d.    Also we will pay for Facebook boosts for the popsicle party

e.    Two days before the popsicle party Rebekah will also send a reminder email

f.     Rocio Lopez is in charge of the book club and Kristen Matthews is doing running club, and we a need person for wine club, need a person for BroCEPTA also

g.    Kay is planning Mom’s Night out for October

9.    Sunshine Meals coordinator – Sue Basick

a.    Nothing to report

b.    Sue and Kay will get together to talk about sending emails to new moms

10.  Alumni liaison – Katie Berry

a.    The alumni party will be Thursday Oct 4th

b.    She has an alumni spreadsheet and will send a separate email because this can’t send them through VP Communications

c.    Create an Evite from the alumni list, then share that Evite with general memebership

d.    The event will be at Nova, RECPTA will pay for just the food and each person pays for their own drinks

11.  Rosemont liaison – Kim Coplen Green

a.    Nothing to report

12.  Parliamentarian – Shelly Morgan

a.    She met with Kay to go over bylaws, they were submitted by Kay to membership for consideration on the website and via email

b.    Membership will vote on them at the next general meeting on September 18

c.    Kay and Shelly still need to finalize and review the standing rules

d.    The updated version is on the website in case members want to take a look

e.    At the previous board meeting in July we talked about starting PTA excellence committee to run the PTA excellence program

                                          i.    Run by national PTA, helps you focus on goals

                                         ii.    Heard about it at summer conference

f.     The tech committee headed by Rebekah will review our current software Memberclicks  and determiner whether we should replace this with PTAvenue, or Membership Toolkit (3 or 5 members).

                                          i.    The committee will make a recommendation and then memebership has to approve the change.

                                         ii.    The migration will be done by whoever is the communications chair next year

                                        iii.    In order to get people to sign up for this tech committee and the other committees we need we should have sign-up sheets at the upcoming general meeting and at the popsicle party

                                       iv.    Becky M., Melissa, and Rebekah with look at the org chart and determine the committees that we need

13.  Community Liaison – Becky Moffett

a.    Put this question to the board: What events can we do in the community?

b.    One ideas is to host an event at the zoo

                                          i.    For example, we have the kid area at the zoo reserved only for RECPTA people, 5-7pm

                                         ii.    Christi will ask about the Zoo preschool

c.    Angel tree idea for Rosemont families

d.    Nursing home event

e.    The Well, Cliff Temple Mental Health Assistance

f.     CASA, children advocacy center, CPS (child protective services) car seat drive (Melisa will confirm about this the CPS idea

g.    After popsicle party, Stephanie will clean out the storage closet

                                          i.    Christi Rudduck and Katie Berry will help pick up the signs

 

 

The meeting was adjourned at 9:12 p.m.